Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women – mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends.
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately 1 woman every minute.
- Under age 50, women’s heart attacks are twice as likely as men’s to be fatal.
- 90% of women have 1 or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- 42% of women who have heart attacks die within 1 year, compared to 24% of men.
- Women comprise only 24% of participation in all heart-related studies1
On Friday, February 6th, the W&G staff supported the American Heart Association (AHA) in the fight against heart disease by wearing red for National Wear Red Day. Red hearts were available for those who made a donation and encouraged to write a name in memory of a loved one, in support of a loved one, or just their own name on the heart. The collected donations were sent to the American Heart Association to help fund their research and support women suffering from heart disease.
W&G looks forward to participating again in the AHA’s efforts next year. For additional information about National Wear Red Day, please click here.