Measure the Value of Using a Leader
Some of our many services include:
- Annual Audit, Reviews & Compilations
- Budget Development & Review
- Education/Presentations for Boards & Associations
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Planning for Capital Expenditures
- Litigation Support
- Replacement Funding Strategies
- Tax Planning & Compliance
- Transition to Unit Owner Control
- Voting Tabulation Services
The Proper Framework
Governing an Association is a big responsibility. Board members have a fiduciary responsibility for their community's financial well-being. We make it our responsibility to help clients meet this challenge. Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C., is nationally recognized for its leadership in providing Common Interest Realty Associations (CIRAs-including, condominiums, co-ops, townhomes, and time-shares) with expert and personalized accounting and consulting services. This expertise is applied to two critical functions:
- Help Board Members fully understand their Association's fiscal situation
- Guide Boards in making the best financial decisions.
- Providing a Firm Grasp on the Issues Associations Face
We believe in being accessible and proactive so that clients can fully realize the benefits of our expertise. Whether it's explaining a complex financial statement or simply a prompt reply to a client message, we place a premium on the value of communication. We fulfill this in a multitude of ways, including:
- Meeting with Board/Finance committee members—so that they have a thorough understanding of their Association's financial position
- Offering recommendations based on our audit procedures and industry experience
- Publishing our quarterly Community Property Advisor Newsletter, to provide timely information for Board members on relevant financial issues.
- Participating in membership meetings to explain complex financial situations, communicate financial results, or provide tabulation services.
- Applying this Knowledge is the Key to our Clients' Success
Since 1983, we have been servicing Community Associations and been active participants in the Community Associations Institute, on both the regional and national level. We have held positions ranging from Chapter President to Chairman of the National Accountants' Committee. Our clients receive leading edge advice and insight based on our application of industry best practices, encompassing operational trends, IRS rulings, and the regulatory environment. We are also continually building our technical capabilities, both through teaching and attendance at Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses and CAI seminars to focus this knowledge on industry-specific issues.