At Wilkin & Guttenplan, we recognize that there is a difference between filing tax returns and employing tax planning strategies. Our goal is to help our clients minimize taxes while maximizing earnings.
It is our belief that we can provide the best client service by communicating with our clients frequently so that we are aware of any changes in their business and personal lives. As a result, because of our familiarity, we are often able to identify potential tax savings opportunities.
We also recognize that the timing of tax payments can have a crucial impact on cash flow. We work closely with our clients so that tax payments, to the extent possible, can be budgeted in advance. The best tax strategy can be muted if the tax payment comes as a surprise.
Through our continuing professional education, our staff keeps up to date on any new tax laws and we communicate these changes to our clients through tax alerts that explain how these changes will affect them. We use our Twitter page (www.twitter.com/WGTaxCPAs) to share ideas informally.
Our full offering of tax services include:
- "Formation to Sale" business tax planning
- Business purchase assistance including due diligence services
- Selection of business entity
- Compensation planning for key employees
- Retirement planning
- Buy sell agreements
- Planning for business sales
- Transition to the next generation
- Individual tax planning
- Tax Planning to minimize the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Charitable giving strategies
- Stock option compensation planning
- Retirement plan tax considerations
- Tax returns
- Preparation of all business and individual tax returns
- Taxpayer advocacy at federal and state tax examinations
- International tax assistance
- Complete U.S. tax coordination for foreign businesses operating in the United States
- Tax planning and compliance for US investment in foreign countries
- Tax equalization programs for employers sending executives overseas
- State tax services
- Nexus studies to determine state and local tax liability
- Preparation of Voluntary Disclosure Agreement applications and negotiations with state taxing authorities
- Sales tax consulting