Paid Time Off
- Vacation Time Full-time employees are eligible for two weeks paid vacation per year. After five-years of service, employees are entitled to three weeks vacation per year.
- Banked Time Accounting staff “bank” hours during busy season of the total overtime incurred. This time is used during off season as additional time off and for an extra day off for four-day weekends. Office closes for four-day weekends for Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July and two days between Christmas and New Year’s. Staff can bank additional time for either extra days off or compensation if unused at the end of the year.
- Holidays Seven regular paid holidays during the year in addition to three floating holidays to be used at employee’s discretion.
- Illness & Bereavement Six paid days per year for illness, care for an ill family member or for bereavement time for a family member. A maximum of three per year may be accumulated and carried over for illnesses or bereavement up to a cumulative maximum of 15.
Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage High quality coverage is provided under Horizon Blue Cross Medical and Insurance Prescription Plan. Employees working a minimum of 25 hours per week on average, along with their spouse and children, are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment. The firm absorbs 50-75 percent of the cost of coverage. The firm offers two plans with different costs and benefits to meet varying needs of staff. Additional benefits under these quality plans are below. (See plan brochures for details)
- Health & Wellness Discounts The firm medical plan offers Blue 365, which goes beyond health insurance by providing special member values on services such as gym memberships, weight loss programs, travel programs, family care, free flu shots, vision and hearing benefits.
Additional Financial Benefits
- Compensation Schedule Employees are compensated, and expenses reimbursed, semi-monthly (immediately following the 15th and last day of month). Direct deposit is available to all employees
- 401K Plan Employees are eligible for benefit on the next enrollment date following six months of employment and must work a minimum of 1,000 hours per year to be in the plan. The enrollment dates are January 1 and July 1. You may defer up to the plan limits (as determined by the IRS) per calendar year. The firm matches 50 percent of the first four percent of your contribution per calendar year. The match is subject to vesting schedule as set forth in the plan document.
- Section 125 (Flexible Spending Plan) This plan enables employee to designate part of salary to cover other unreimbursed medical expenses, their share of medical insurance premiums and child care with pre-tax dollars.
- Life Insurance Full-time employees are entitled to basic group life insurance and are covered on the first day of employment. Initial amount of insurance is $25,000 and $50,000 based upon salary level.
- Long-Term Disability Employees working a minimum of 25 hours are eligible for the firm-provided long-term disability.
- Loan Program W&G provides interest-free loans to staff wishing to purchase a personal home computer, exercise equipment or advance funds for repairs resulting in casualty damages caused by weather-related incidents.
- Professional Dues W&G pays annual dues for the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- CPA Exam Reimbursements & CPA Review Discount Program The firm pays for time spent sitting for the CPA exam, up to a cumulative maximum of six days. In addition, the firm has arranged for its staff to receive a discount on the cost of a CPA review course. The firm will advance funds (interest free) to assist with the covering these costs upon commencement of employment.
- CPA Exam Bonus Program Accounting staff that passes all four parts of the CPA exam in their first year of employment are entitled to a bonus in the amount of $4,000. The bonus award to be paid is reduced by $1,000 each year after the first year of employment.
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) The firm schedules in-house programs and provides CPE training at outside programs at the firm’s expense. Customized CPE plans are jointly developed to facilitate staff growth.
Leadership & Development
- Employee Referral Program (for new employees) Employees who recruit new employees receive bonuses ranging from $2,500-$5,000.
- Employee Referral Program (for new clients) Employees who bring in new clients receive 10% of fees collected for a specified timeframe.
- New Hire Buddy Program For new hires, the firm has a buddy program. During their first year as an employee the new staff member is partnered with one or two slightly more senior staff members who helps them transition into their career.
- Coaching Program Staff members are assigned a development coach. Development coaches meet with coachees one-on-one to create a development plan, including both professional and personal goals. The program is modeled so that it encourages staff to identify their growth challenges while taking ownership of their future within a framework where the coach can help them tackle these challenges and clear the pathway for career advancement. A personalized, tailored CPE plan is formulated with input from staff and guidance by the coach.
- Leadership Development Training Management facilitates staff leadership and professional growth. The leadership development initiative at W&G is tailored to needs of staff levels and is aimed at developing the future leaders of the firm.
- Soft Skills Training W&G offers training on various topics relating to soft skills. Topics covered in the past have included time management, business writing, presentation/ supervision/leadership skills, marketing and networking.
- New Staff On-Boarding This program is designed to help integrate and acclimate new employees when they begin at the firm. It starts with a welcome package that is sent to the employee’s home before their first day at work and includes other welcoming activities. Accountant’s Committee Beyond the traditional open-door policy, we have established an accountant’s committee with staff representatives from every level that meet regularly to bring issues and suggestions to management.
- Culture Committee A team of our staff that collectively work toward maintaining a culture of a happy, fun (sometimes hysterical) workplace responsive to the non- technical cultural and relationship driven excellence of the firm.
- New Homeowner Gift Certificate First time homeowners receive a gift certificate to Home Depot from the firm to welcome them to their new home.
- Bright Idea Rewards Staff members are encouraged to submit innovative ideas relating to any area of the firm. Anyone that submits an idea is rewarded with a chocolate light bulb. If that innovation/“bright idea” is implemented, the staff member is then further rewarded with an American Express Gift Certificate.
- Summer Thursday Afternoon Ice Cream Truck The heat of the summer brings the ice cream man to the W&G parking lot every Thursday afternoon. The firm provides ice cream and ice treats for the staff.
- Daily Healthy Snack Offerings & Beverages Snack baskets filled with an assortment of healthy snacks are replenished every afternoon. In addition each kitchen is stocked daily with a variety of fruits and nuts. A stocked beverage center is filled with a variety of beverage selections.
- Assignment Scheduling We recognize the critical elements to scheduling including skill development, learning from assignments and from different in charges, locations, industries, workload levels and staff interest. We use sophisticated scheduling software together with proactive involvement by our firm administrator and scheduling team.
- Flexible Work Schedules We work with each employee to tailor their workload and schedule to find a balance that works best for them and the firm. Each employee has ownership of their schedules and able to voice opinions/concerns regarding opportunities they would like to participate in and challenges they would like to pursue.
- Various Group Task Force Opportunities We believe in soliciting feedback from our staff on any changes that will affect them. Any time the firm looks to roll out new procedures, software or other implementations, staff members are invited to participate in task forces. Participants can play a part in creating firm policy and guidelines, contribute to the roll out and act as testers.
- Jeans Friday Creating the best looking group of professionals in jeans.
- Busy Season Theme Lunches Saturday catered lunches are provided and most are based on a “theme.” The theme is carried throughout the entire day to include decorations, food, attire, token gifts, games, etc. The events are interactive and only limited by staff and partner creativity. Please bring your ideas! Great FUN!
- Annual Holiday Party & Annual Summer Outing The firm holds an annual holiday party in December and holds a firm outing during the summer. These events are filled with loads of interactive, team-building fun while incorporating some type of theme/activities.
- Staff Anniversary Celebrations Employee anniversaries that are milestones (five, ten, 15, 20 and 25 years) are recognized publicly at staff meetings and are usually accompanied by a firm-wide celebration.
- Staff Meetings The firm holds staff, supervisor and manager meetings with the managing shareholder. In addition, meetings for the tax, audit and administrative departments are coordinated.
- Community Service Projects (Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross, toy and food drives and other selected initiatives throughout the year) The firm actively believes in giving back to the community. To that end we have a number of community service projects we hold throughout the year (Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross, toy, food & blood drives, Komen Race for the Cure) as well as other firm and staff initiated fundraisers. Staff are encouraged to give back to the community through individual initiatives as well.
- Lunches with Managing Shareholder Our Managing Shareholder makes it a point to take staff members out to lunch regularly in order to talk with them about their life at the firm to encourage staff to share their new ideas and to supplement discussions with coaches.
- Boat Cruises and Fishing Trips with the Managing Shareholder Groups of staff and interns have opportunities to board the GuttSea and cruise the Navesink and Shrewsbury rivers, take pictures around the Statue of Liberty, dock and dine at Chelsea Piers and fish around Sandy Hook with our managing shareholder. See photos on Facebook.
- Birthday Breakfasts Monthly celebration for staff birthdays over a hot breakfast with an oatmeal bar included!
- Happy Hours & Tea Time Various planned staff gatherings to unwind during and after a day of work.
- Crazy Uncle Lunches Informal lunches throughout the year for staff to connect with partners in the firm.
- Concierge Services Recognizing that being busy professionals sometimes make it hard for staff to take care of all their daily personal chores, we offer concierge services during certain time periods. Services we offer include: Nightly dinner orders are placed and paid by the firm for staff • Lunch orders are arranged and placed • Dry cleaning services • Car wash
- Physical Fitness Trainer On-Site & Nutritionist Core strengthening classes are offered during busy season. A physical trainer is brought in and staff are able to participate in small, personalized core strengthening, zumba and yoga classes. On occasion, the firm will bring in a nutritionist or health professional to speak on health and nutrition.
- Technology The latest in technology and software, including laptops, multiple monitors, portable scanners. Remote access technology is provided to all staff for working at home. The firm operates in a “paperless” environment as it relates to tax, audit and administrative processes.
- Facilities The newly renovated office space provides staff with a fresh new clean work environment with new office furnishings, workstations and other office amenities with state of the art technology communication and equipment.
- Most Important An amazing staff that care about each other, supports each other’s successes, is committed to firm values, personal growth and able to just have fun, too!
Award Winning Team!