Vinay S. Navani, CPA, CGMA, MBA, MST
Vinay Navani, a Shareholder at Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C., joined the firm in 1998. His client roster includes emerging and established businesses in the high-tech, software, life sciences and pharma industries as well as other closely-held businesses and business owners. He assists his clients on income tax planning and related matters such as business sales and restructuring, retirement plans, charitable giving strategies, tax audits and other topics.
Vinay devotes much of his practice to international tax matters including U.S. tax aspects of international business such as foreign businesses doing work in the U.S., U.S. businesses doing work abroad, transfer pricing and cross border mergers and acquisitions. For individuals, Vinay is well versed in tax issues relating to offshore bank account compliance such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP). Vinay also assists U.S. citizens living overseas comply with their U.S. tax filing obligations. Vinay chairs the firm’s U.S. - India Practice Group. Vinay is a frequent speaker on these topics to other CPAs and the media.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Vinay served as Technical Manager for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Tax Information Phone Service. In this capacity, he provided tax research services as well as professional expertise to other Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). He was also previously a tax manager at an international CPA firm.
Professional and Civic Achievements:
Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Past President, Middlesex/Somerset Chapter of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Regular speaker on various tax and financial planning topics to other certified public accountants, business owners and the media
- Author of several articles published in the Journal of Accountancy and the Practicing CPA
- Former member of the editorial board of the Tax Advisor, the monthly publication of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the National Asian American Society of Accountants
Vinay graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from University of Virginia, a Master of Business Administration from New York University and a Master of Science in Taxation from Temple University. He continues his education through attending and teaching regular CPE and educational seminars.