Last updated: May 8, 2021
Wilkin & Guttenplan, PC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.wgcpas.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain PII that can be used to contact or identify you. PII may include but is not limited to your name and email address. If you choose to provide us with PII on our website, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our Site;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our Site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site;
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
- If you visited our Site from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
Session: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
Persistent: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You will still have access to all information and resources on our Site.
Wilkin & Guttenplan takes the security of all sensitive information very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this site. We employ various security technologies and procedures to protect the information stored on our systems.
We take the following steps to secure the information we collect:
- Train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements.
- Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Password protections
- Periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
- Employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized outsiders that attempt to access the information contained in our systems.