Since 1983, WilkinGuttenplan has been serving the Community Association industry. We have experience in providing accounting services to over 1,000 Common Interest Realty Associations (CIRAs-including condominiums, co-ops, townhomes, and timeshares), making us the #1 provider of these services in the state, as well as one of the national leaders. We make it our mission to help clients meet the challenges of governing an Association.
Our experts work closely with CIRAs, management companies, and real estate developers. We work collaboratively with association governing boards and committees to help them make the best financial decisions.
Our services include:
- Annual Audits, Reviews & Compilations
- Budget Development & Review
- Education/Presentations for Boards & Associations
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Planning for Capital Expenditures
- Litigation support
- Replacement Funding Strategies
- Tax Planning & Compliance
- Transition to Unit Owner Control
The Proper Framework
Governing an Association is a big responsibility. Board members have a fiduciary responsibility for their community’s financial well-being. We make it our responsibility to help clients meet this challenge. We fulfill this in a multitude of ways, including:
- Meeting with Board/Finance committee members so that they have a thorough understanding of their Association’s financial position.
- Offering recommendations based on our audit procedures and industry experience.
- Publishing our quarterly Community Property Advisor Newsletter, which provides timely, relevant information for Board Members.
- Participating in membership meetings to explain complex financial situations, communicate financial results, or provide tabulation services.
We believe in being accessible and proactive so that clients can fully realize the benefits of our expertise. Whether it’s explaining a complex financial statement or simply a prompt reply to a client message, we place a premium on the value of communication.
Providing a Firm Grasp on the Issues Associations Face
We are nationally recognized for our leadership in providing CIRAs with expert and personalized accounting and consulting services. We are active participants in the Community Associations Institute, on both the regional and national levels. We have held positions ranging from Chapter President to Chairman of the National Accountants’ Committee. Our clients receive leading-edge advice and insight based on our application of industry best practices, encompassing operational trends, IRS rulings, and the regulatory environment.