WilkinGuttenplan provides the boards of New York City condominiums and cooperatives with more than just accounting, audit and tax services. Drawing on the knowledge and wisdom gained from our experience working with thousands of condominiums and cooperatives, we offer the insight and expertise to assist and guide boards through any issues your buildings may face. We place a premium on service and communication and believe in being accessible and proactive so that our clients can benefit from the depth of our expertise.
Our services include:
- Annual audits, reviews and compilations
- Preparation of tax returns
- Preparation of Form 1098 for cooperatives for shareholder tax deductions
- Budget preparation assistance and review
- Education/presentations for boards and property managers
- Forensic accounting
- Financial planning for capital improvement expenditures/reserves
- Litigation support
- Tax planning and compliance
- Transition to unit owner control consulting
- Helping boards understand FHA financing requirements
- Assistance with mortgage refinancing
- Representation during tax audits
We are active participants in regional and national industry organizations and our clients receive leading edge advice and insight based on our application of industry best practices, encompassing operational trends, IRS rulings, and the regulatory environment. We are members of:
- Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums
- Federation of New York Housing Cooperatives and Condominiums
- Community Associations Institute
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Investment in Education
We continually build on our technical capabilities by providing industry-specific training to our staff. We also share this knowledge with our clients by providing educational seminars/webcasts for board members and property managers and distributing periodic communications and publications on relevant industry issues.
Merger of Kleiman & Weinshank, LLP
Effective October 1, 2018, Kleiman & Weinshank, LLP merged into WilkinGuttenplan enhancing the firm’s condominium and cooperative practice in New York City.