Looking for a great way to get real-life experience? This is the place!
We offer two paid programs
- A winter internship — Winter interns are generally employed from mid-January through the end of March and work between three and four days a week.
- A summer internship — Summer internships start mid-June and end mid-August. Interns work Monday through Thursday.
Look forward to
- A training program that prepares you for life in a dynamic CPA firm
- Practical, on-the-job experience in both audit and tax
- Mentoring from seasoned professionals to ensure that you are staying on track
- Working in a professional, friendly and challenging environment
- Shadowing opportunities and special projects that allow you to engage with partners and staff
- Getting to know why WilkinGuttenplan has consistently been ranked as one of the best places to work in both New Jersey and the country
Our internship orientation takes place at our office in East Brunswick, NJ and is moderated by the firms’ various accounting professionals. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to our firm, departments and various services offered
- Accounting software applications and their usage
- Audit procedures and preparation of work papers
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax extension and return preparation
In addition to your formal orientation, you will receive continual “on the job” training and feedback from the accounting staff members who will be supervising you. Someone will always be there for your questions, and the answers will be given in a supportive manner. You will also be assigned a “buddy” to enable you to begin developing a relationship with this person as a mentor and resource. It’s a key to our philosophy that “you are never just left on your own” at WilkinGuttenplan.
- A declared accounting major
- A college junior or higher
- A reliable mode of transportation
- No experience necessary, just a strong desire to experience life in a CPA firm, to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
Click below to learn more
If you don’t attend one of these schools, contact us for more information.