Looking for a great way to get real-life experience? This is the place!
We offer two paid programs
- A winter internship — Winter interns are generally employed from mid-January through the end of March and work between two and four days a week.
- A summer internship — Summer internships start mid-June and end mid-August. Interns work Monday through Thursday.
Look forward to
- A training program that prepares you for life in a dynamic CPA firm
- Practical, on-the-job accounting, auditing and tax experience
- Mentoring from seasoned professionals to ensure that you are staying on track
- Working in a professional, friendly and challenging environment
- Attending client meetings with partners and staff
- Getting to know our dynamic firm and why WilkinGuttenplan just might be the right fit for your career
Our internship orientation takes place “in house” and is moderated by the firms’ various accounting professionals. It takes place over the first week of the WilkinGuttenplan internship program. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to our firm, departments and various services offered
- Accounting software applications and their usage
- Audit procedures and preparation of work papers
- Financial statement preparation
- Tax matters
In addition to your formal orientation, you will receive continual “on the job” training and feedback from the accounting staff members who will be supervising you. Someone will always be there for your questions, and the answers will be given in a supportive manner. You will also be assigned a “buddy” to enable you to begin developing a relationship with this person as a potential mentor, resource, etc. It’s a key to our philosophy that “you are never just left on your own” at WilkinGuttenplan.
- A declared accounting major
- A college junior
- A reliable mode of transportation
- No experience necessary, just a strong desire to experience life in a CPA firm, to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
Want to learn more?
We regularly recruit at the following schools. Students at these schools should contact their placement office about our next upcoming visit:
- The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Monmouth University
- Ramapo College
- Rider University
- Rutgers – Newark
- Rutgers – New Brunswick
- University of Delaware
If you don’t attend one of these schools, contact us for more information.