In an industry where change is the norm, success is frequently dependent upon the ability to adapt quickly. In this environment, where responsiveness is the key to success, it is critical that you partner with an accounting and advisory firm that understands the complexities of your business and can respond quickly to your needs.
Whether your organization is just starting out, scaling for growth, or you’re looking for an exit strategy, the professionals at WilkinGuttenplan can help.
Solutions to Rapidly Changing Needs
Whether it’s choosing a business entity, reviewing operating agreements or setting up an accounting system, the technology service professionals at WilkinGuttenplan have the resources to assist you.
- Entity Type– A fundamental decision needs to be made when starting out as to the type of tax entity which will be used. We can help decide whether a C corporation, S corporation, or Limited Liability Company is best for the new business venture.
- Raising Capital– We understand that for companies in the technology and life sciences space, raising capital is always a focus. Using our extensive network of attorneys, financial planners, investment bankers and lenders, we can assist in obtaining financing and structuring domestic and foreign-based investments.
- Stock-based Compensation– To help you attract and retain top talent, our professionals can work with you to design incentive compensation programs, including stock option plans that fit your organization’s goals.
- Tax Benefits– We understand that losses will often be incurred during the pre-revenue stage. We seek to maximize the tax benefit of those losses either currently or in the future by ensuring the best possible legal structure.
We offer a range of services to help manage the day-to-day challenges from a business perspective as well as provide specific accounting and tax services:
- Hands-on, day-to-day business advice to help you remain agile and respond quickly to the changing demands of the industry and marketplace.
- Providing audit, review and compilation services to help manage your business and meet the needs of third parties.
- Development of retirement plans that meet your needs
- Assistance with the acquisition of subsidiary businesses, domestically and abroad
- Personnel recruitment and hiring assistance
- Structuring foreign operations
- Structuring joint ventures with strategic and financial partners
- Year-round tax planning to minimize taxes and maximize earnings
- Federal and state tax compliance
- Representation at tax examinations
- Expertise with industry specific topics such as:
- Research & Development tax credits
- New Jersey Technology Tax Transfer Program (Sale of NJ NOLs)
- Use of an Interest Charged Domestic International Sales Corp. (IC-DISC) for export sales
- Treatment of NDA and ANDA costs
- Treatment of various FDA fees
- Tax and accounting treatment of milestone payments with marketing partners
- Use of third party 3PL firms for inventory management
- Impact of sales tax rules on SAAS products
- Multi-state tax consulting- corporate and sales tax nexus issues
- Impact of having employees and contractors in multiple client site locations
Our professionals understand that the business sale or “exit” is always a focus. We will work with you to:
- Transaction Advisory Services – Due Diligence support
- Negotiating sale terms
- Tax planning and projections related to sale
- Succession planning
- Estate Planning
WilkinGuttenplan’s Technology and Life Sciences group is here to help guide and assist you through all the intricate stages your business.