Joseph A. Chorba, CPA
Joseph Chorba, a Manager at Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C., has been with the firm since 2002. Joe divides his time between working with clients in the real estate industry and closely-held businesses.
As part of his real estate expertise, Joseph works with a multitude of CIRAs throughout New York and New Jersey. His work with them includes audits, compilations, forecasts and consulting. He also assists real estate clients with sponsor transition procedures and project management.
Joseph provides closely-held businesses with audit, review, compilation, tax planning / compliance and other miscellaneous consulting services. Joseph also contributes to the development of our entry-level staff and participates in the firm’s intern and staff training and orientation programs and is well versed in accounting software packages for small and medium sized businesses. Prior to joining Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C., he worked as a staff accountant for a firm in West Orange, NJ providing accounting and bookkeeping services to a diverse client base.
Professional Affiliations and Civic Achievements:
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- 2013 Chairman of membership committee, Community Associations Institute, New Jersey Chapter
- 2015 Author of the Year Award recipient for contributions to Community Trends Magazine
- 2016 Vice Chairman of the Editorial committee, Community Associations Institute, New Jersey Chapter
- 2017 Chairman of the editorial committee, Community Associations Institute, New Jersey Chapter
Joe graduated with a Bachelor of Science from the Caldwell College. He continues his education through regular CPE and educational seminars.