The Proper Framework
Low Income Housing projects provide great opportunities to give back to the community by providing affordable housing to underprivileged areas throughout our state. At WilkinGuttenplan, we recognize that receiving an allocation of credits requires complex compliance including cost certifications and tax filings.
We know that compliance with filing deadlines, record keeping and other specific requirements is critical. We deliver assistance to efficiently implement these requirements and ensure you receive the maximum credit allowed. Additionally, we work closely with your investors to enhance your relationship while supplying them with the annual financial information they require.
Services Designed to Address Compliance Obligations
Our Services Include:
- Completion of carryover schedules
- Preparation of cost certifications
- Financial statement audits
- Ongoing compliance issues including meeting HUD related requirements
- Preparation of tax returns and tax credit calculations
- Determination of eligible basis
- Special considerations for not-for-profit owners
- Structuring investor buyout/sale of the property
- Coordinating with syndicators and investors
- Calculation of Historic/Rehab tax credits in conjunction with LIHTC’s
- Grants and incentives for energy efficient improvements