U.S. – China Practice
Cross Border Solutions
The Chinese economy experienced remarkable growth in the last few decades and is now the world’s second largest economy. More and more Chinese people are expanding their businesses or making investments all over the world. As a prominent market for foreign investment, The United States continues to attract Chinese investors. For Chinese investors, a good understanding of the complicated U.S. tax system is critical to their long-term success for doing business in the U.S.
Whether you are looking to expand your Chinese business to the U.S. or already have operations here, our U.S. – China Practice group has the extensive expertise and technical knowledge to assist you in conducting your business successfully. At WilkinGuttenplan, our China Practice Group is staffed by professionals who speak Chinese fluently and have a depth of experience working with Chinese clients entering the U.S. market.
Service Offerings for Our Chinese-American Clients:
U.S. Tax Compliance
- S. tax return preparation and advisory services for companies and individuals
- Preparation of and assistance with data gathering for U.S. international tax forms (5471, 8865, 8858, 5472, 1120-F, 8938, FBAR, etc.)
- Quantitative services related to U.S. international tax calculations (foreign tax credit, Section 965 repatriation tax, GILTI, FDII, Subpart F, etc.)
- Assisting with Gift and Estate tax returns
- Assisting with U.S. individual tax identification numbers
U.S. Tax Consulting Service
- Assisting in choosing the right type of legal entity for operating in the U.S.
- Providing due diligence and careful analysis on the acquisition or sale of existing U.S. businesses for accounting and tax matters
- Advising on transfer pricing matters. We are able to ensure that clients develop a defendable transfer pricing policy which satisfies both the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Chinese Tax Department
- Providing pre-U.S. immigration tax planning to minimize U.S. tax under the U.S. worldwide taxation system
- Providing audited financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Assisting with day to day accounting, tax and other financial matters
- Assisting with the calculation of gross-ups of foreign assignment allowances and tax equalization computations to U.S. executives on assignment in China, as well as foreign executives on assignment in U.S.
- Assisting Chinese investors who hold interests in U.S. real property with tax matters, such as structure planning, and withholding of tax on dispositions of U.S. real property interests
- Providing overall business support to help Chinese clients conduct business successfully in U.S.